Freelance Writer of Articles, Blogs, SEO, Web Content and Press Releases

Greetings and welcome to my online personal profile and blog. The purpose of this site is for us to become acquainted and to provide for you an opportunity to ascertain my diversity as a writer and a possible match to your needs. I have provided many links to various content that I have written and hope you take the time to peruse them. I also post periodically about the daily life and thoughts of a freelance writer, who spends too much time in home office confinement, and hope you will find it entertaining.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

New Working Environment - Will It Help?

"I feel for you, Buddy",
Although I swore I would never do it again, but I just moved us. It was only from one unit in our complex to another but I am really to old to do that.

 We arrived back in New Jersey two years ago after escaping from the reptile tank that they call Pinellas County, Florida. When we got here we rented a single floor condo in a private community above the Manasquan River. The owner lived in a home near the ocean in Bay Head. When Superstorm Sandy slammed into the area, her home flooded up to the second floor. She lived, temporarily, in another home that was vacated for the winter by her sister's family. As summer approached she had to leave and we had to relinquish our place so she could live there while waiting for her home to be remodeled and raised.

This was really not a bad thing as we left a view of the dumpster where I got to watch cotton haired busy bodies taking out the trash and hanging out. Now I have a view of trees and birds and hear the sound of children playing at a nearby daycare and camp. I also have my own office and a sun porch, for warm days, where I can work out of earshot of the TV. I can shut myself in and have peace and total focus to quench my ADD and accomplish much. Or will I?

This is my second day working in my new private office. I am surrounded by unpacked boxes and the corrugated cardboard odor associated with them. It forced me to open the door and window for air. A catbird has decided to showoff its vocal repertoire directly outside my window which is melodious but distracting. My wife is on the phone and her voice, and the voice of her mother on speaker, is traveling down the hall and through the now open door. To add to my distraction the doctor prescribed new medication for me. I just realized that one of them is a water pill. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment