Freelance Writer of Articles, Blogs, SEO, Web Content and Press Releases

Greetings and welcome to my online personal profile and blog. The purpose of this site is for us to become acquainted and to provide for you an opportunity to ascertain my diversity as a writer and a possible match to your needs. I have provided many links to various content that I have written and hope you take the time to peruse them. I also post periodically about the daily life and thoughts of a freelance writer, who spends too much time in home office confinement, and hope you will find it entertaining.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Writing Behind Sandy

I live at the New Jersey shore in one of the towns devastated by Superstorm Sandy. I am not one who suffered a great loss, like countless others, but one who suffered for those who did. Even those who did not sustain a complete loss of all they owned, at best, lost power, heat and communication for an extended period of time.
Located in nearby Bay Head was a client for whom I have a great fondness. They are a group of young professionals that operate a self described "interactive enhancement agency." Bay Head is a lovely, upscale, seaside community which is between the Atlantic ocean and the head of Barnegat Bay, thus the name. The town received extensive damage. I was extremely concerned for the well being of everyone who lived there and especially my friends..
A few days after the storm, I was able to get online with a hot spot. I received an email from one of the girls asking if I was OK and that they were all working remotely. The business had been destroyed but they hardly missed a beat. Testimony to the resilience of Jerseyites.
The email also asked me to write a few guest blogs for a company who replaces vital documents that are lost. Please refer to Superstorm Sandy it said. I was numb from the devastation all around and regaining writing focus was hard but I met the challenge and had the posts finished in a day. I revisited them online yesterday and the emotion of that day was evident, which made for an engaging composition. Despite the anxiety, it was not the wrong time to write those posts. It was the perfect time.

No comments:

Post a Comment